Each week through the month of July, I’ll be guest blogging for ModCloth. If you haven’t checked out their blog yet, you should. It’s full of fashion, beauty, and lifestyle tips. This week, I’m walking you through a braided hairdo that’s perfect for a summer wedding. Check out the article by clicking here, or read below!
It’s wedding season! If you’re not tying the knot this summer, then chances are you know someone who is. So whether you’re a bride-to-be or simply a guest, this braided updo is one you should try at your next event. It may seem daunting, but I promise it’s not as hard as it looks. With a few little tricks and some practice, you’ll have everyone wondering how you mastered such a pretty ‘do.
2. Create a side part and french braid the front section of hair along the side of your face. I opted for a dutch braid (inside out), but you could easily do a normal french braid as well. Secure the end with a clear hair band.
3. Braid two smaller sections behind the ear and secure with clear hair bands. Make sure they are close to each other.
4. Do the same thing on the opposite side.
5. Now braid the 3 braids together on each side. Take off the clear hair bands and secure them all using one. This will make the end less bulky and easier for tucking later.
6. Pull each side toward the back of your head and simply tie a knot. Depending on the length of your hair you may be able to repeat this a couple more times.
7. Tuck the ends of the braids in and secure the whole thing with bobby pins. Loosen the front braid so it’s not too tight and pull out any strands you’d like around your face. Done!