My amazingly talented cousin Claire, who’s behind all my videos, is the master-mind behind The Kitchy Kitchen. It’s filled with wonderful recipes, lifestyle tips, beautiful photography, and now a collaboration with yours truly. I’m so excited to be a part of her monthly beauty series and this month I show you how to build the ultimate Mother’s Day beauty basket. Check out the article on her blog, and read below!
While a spa gift card is always appreciated, a homemade Mother’s Day gift basket is a little more personal and perfect for everyone from your best friend to your mother in-law (hello brownie points!). I’ve compiled some of my favorite “mommy must-haves”, that are a notch above and a little extra special. Everything from rose-scented face oil to dry shampoo – these products are definitely luxurious and special for all moms.
1. John Masters Organics Rose and Aloe Mist – this is a great hydrating toner and can be used throughout the day to refresh the skin. It comes in a small container that is perfect for her purse or diaper bag.
2. Rodial StemCell Facial Oil– A few drops of this rose-scented face oil adds moisture to tired, dry skin and brings out a dewy but not greasy complexion. It’s a bit pricey (about $80), but Badger Organics Damascus Rose Face Oil can be used on all skin types and comes in at around $14.
3. LuvAJ necklace – This super affordable and adorable necklace is simple enough to wear everyday.
4. Leonor Greyl Jasmin Hair Mask – This jasmine infused hair mask will leave hair silky, shiny, and strong. For similar results and half the price, you can also pick up DryBar Mudslide Nourishing Hair Mask.
5. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat – This handy pen has a wonderful formula that offers coverage, while brightening the eye area at the same time. While it’s price tag is a bit high ($42), it’s worth it, especially for mature skin.
6. Perricone MD Firming Eye Cream – It’s creamy formula isn’t too rich that you can’t wear it under makeup, but is thick enough to really hydrate and firm the eye area. You can also pick up Roc Retinol Correxion Sensitive Eye Cream at most drug stores for a lot less.
7. Burt’s Bees Beeswax Hand Cream – This little pot is so cute on a dresser and really great for dry, chapped hands.
8. Lavender Oil – A few drops of lavender oil in a bathtub will force even the busiest mom into a calm, relaxed state.
9. Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Rose Scented Soap – Although simple, this little bar of soap is perfect for the shower or the sink and smells amazing.
10. Tarte Matte Lip Tint in “Exposed” – This nude pencil/lipstick combo works on a variety of skin tones and is great for everyday.
11. Chanel Eyeshadow Quad in “14-Mystic Eyes” – It may seem like a steep price, ($60) but this quad goes the extra mile. All 4 shades are super wearable and can be blended together to go from day to night. For a similar and much cheaper option, check out Sonia Kashuk Eyeshadow Quad in “Bed of Roses”.
12. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray – This texturizing spray and dry shampoo has an amazing scent and is great for second (or third!) day hair. It can also be found in a travel size!