Brown liner is like the nerdy sister to the sultry black version. It seems boring but brown can look ultra sexy and is universally flattering on every eye color. (It especially makes blue eyes pop like on Lindsey Wixson from the Rebecca Minkoff Spring 2014 collection below). It’s suitable for day and night, and there’s more room for error, than with black. Keep it simple by smudging brown or bronze liner along the top lash line or add some on the bottom for extra depth. To intensify the look, add shadow on the outer corners of your lid, blending inward and half way along the bottom lash line. Finish off with a few coats of mascara and a rosy nude lip.
ONES TO TRY
- Smashbox Waterproof Shadow Liner in Luminous Fig
- NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Appia
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Chocolate Shimmer
- Dolce Gabbana Crayon Intense Eyeliner in Coffee
- Almay Intense i-Color Liner in Brown Topaz
- L’Oreal Lineur Intense Pro Felt Tip Eyeliner in Earthen Rock Brown