Back in August I did a post on baby products that can be used on adults. Little did I know I would find out I was pregnant a week later! Now that I’m expecting our little guy next week, I found it only appropriate to do a post on pregnancy products before I pop. Now obviously, anyone can use products that are geared toward the expecting mama. They are usually more gentle, free from harsh chemicals, making them perfect for anyone to use. But if you happen to be expecting or thinking about getting pregnant in the near future, these products are especially perfect for you.
1. Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Stretch Oil – I got this as a gift from my friend Jamie. I have used it nearly my entire pregnancy and while I do think it helps with stretching your skin, I love it mainly because it soothes dry, itchy skin and smells great. It absorbs quickly and doesn’t leave you feeling super greasy.
2. Bio Oil – Another great oil that isn’t geared specifically to pregnant women, this has been a staple of mine for years. I use it on my hands and elbows almost every night and you can use it anywhere you’re feeling dry. Like the stretch oil, this has a mild scent and absorbs nicely.
3. Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Nipple Butter – Obviously it needs no introduction and if you’re a breast feeding mom, you probably know about it already. But this great cream multi-tasks as a lip balm, hand cream, heel soother, etc. It’s not only all-natural, making it great for nursing babies (no need to wash off before feeding), but it soothes dry, cracked skin on your lips, hands, feet, and ankles – the most common dry areas.
4. Dr. Teal’s Foaming Bath Soothe and Sleep with Lavender – Baths are great anytime, but are especially soothing when you’re in your third trimester. The calming lavender scent and foam producing bubbles are amazing right before bed. And the fact that it costs $5 for a large 34 oz. bottle makes it even more enticing.
5. Mario Badescu Drying Cream – Due to your ever changing hormones, many pregnant women experience breakouts. Most zit-zappers aren’t recommended because they contain salicylic acid (a no-no during pregnancy), but this cream contains sulfur and aloe, making it safer. An added bonus – you can use it under makeup.
From left to right: Bio Oil, Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Nipple Butter, Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Stretch Oil, Dr. Teal’s Foaming Bath Soothe & Sleep with Lavender, Mario Badescu Drying Cream