I love a good blow out. I have naturally wavy hair so if I want that “just walked out of the salon” look, I can’t air-dry. Time consuming, yes, but giving myself a good blow dry will keep my strands nice and polished for a few days without washing. And if you can’t get over washing your hair everyday, spray a bit of dry shampoo at the roots to soak up excess oil and bring back some volume.
From left to right: Kiehl’s Heat-Protective Silk Straightening Cream, Rene Furterer Naturia Dry Shampoo, Sedu Revolution Pro Lightweight Pro Ionic Hair Dryer, Kérastase Elixir Ultime, Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Volumizing Spray Mousse, Ibiza Swirled Medium Round Brush
1. Start with clean, damp hair.
2. Comb through a styling cream.
3. Spray on a root pump and comb through for added volume.
4. Flip head over and dry hair to get rid of excess moisture, but leave it slightly damp.
5. Clip hair up, leaving a 3 to 4-inch section at the nape of the neck, and begin blowdrying with a round brush.
6. To have more direct air flow, use a blow dryer attachment.
7. Using the brush, lift at the root until dry and then aim the blowdryer downward to smooth the hair shaft as you continue.
8. For some curl at the ends, wrap the hair around the brush and blow dry for a few added seconds.
9. Continue with sections of hair, saving the face framing pieces for last.
10. Finish by smoothing a frizz-fighting serum through strands when completely dry.