A lot of people shy away from cream shadows for fear that they will slip, slide, and crease. However, creams are super easy to use and create a seamless look for summer. Plus, they are designed to blend easily and actually look good when not perfect. Here are some tips to getting a flawless finish using cream-based shadows, and a few of my favorites.
1. Laura Mercier Metallic Créme Eye Color
2. Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow/Liner
3. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer
4. CoverGirl Smoky Shadow Blast Shadow Stick
5. Bobbi Brown Longwear Cream Shadow
6. Nars Duo Cream Eye Shadow
1. Prepping the eyelid is key in creating a long lasting, crease-free finish. I start with a clean lid, and apply a base from lash line to brow bone.
2. Using a brush or your ring finger, swirl it into the shadow and swipe it onto your lid. Start by dabbing it in the center of your eyelid and blend outward and inward.
3. Add more if necessary, or use a darker color in the outer corners for more drama. You can either use another cream shadow, or a powder shadow – just remember the ‘cream before powder’ rule so it doesn’t get muddy.
4. Finish with a few coats of volumizing or lengthening mascara on curled lashes and voila! Pretty, dewy lids.